Print Bookmark

Headstones

» Show All     «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





Henry and Mary Victoria Burgoon

Henry (1834 - 1911)

Mary Victoria (1842 - 1928)

Status: Located

Owner/SourceFind-a-Grave
File nameBurgoon-Henry-and-Mary.jpg
File Size230.53k
Dimensions650 x 867
Linked toMary Victoria BOALS; Henry Amos BURGOON

Minters Chapel Cemetery, Tarrant Co., Texas, United States

Notes: At Cemetery on W. Airfield Drive, .25 mile north Glade Road intersection at DFW Airport, Grapevine

Soon after lay Minister Green W. Minter (1803-1887) moved here about 1854, he helped organize Minter's Chapel Methodist Church. His son-in-law James Cate set aside 4.1 acres here for a church and burial ground. The earliest marked grave is that of A.M. Newton in 1857. Many tiny graves indicate a high child mortality rate. The early log meetinghouse was replaced in 1882 by a frame structure. In 1967 the Dallas-Fort Worth Regional Airport acquired the land, except for this 1.5-acre cemetery, and the church was relocated. (1979)


» Show All     «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next»     » Slide Show





This site powered by The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding v. 12.2, written by Darrin Lythgoe © 2001-2020.

Maintained by Your Name.